Easter Almond CakeMarch 20, 2008
Easter Almond Cake
From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
- 1/2 stick (2 oz.) very soft butter
- ½ cup (4 oz.) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) of almond meal
- 1/2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp. gluten-free almond extract
- Topping: powdered sugar, ¼ to ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until well blended and fluffy, about 1 minute. Mix will go lighter in color as you beat it.
- Spread mix in greased and gluten-free floured 8” x 8” cake pan. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes until well-risen, golden brown and set but still soft in the middle. The texture should be similar to rolls of almond paste when cut, but cooked throughout.
- Remove from oven, serve warm or cold, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 x 12 oz. bag of frozen raspberries
- ½ cup. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam or jelly for extra “oomph” of flavor
- Melt sugar and water together, add raspberries, and simmer for just a few minutes. Stir in raspberry jam until it melts. Depending on ripeness of raspberries and your personal taste, you might want to add more sugar.
<< Back to Recipes
Showing 921-921 of 921
< 1 2 … 92 93