Pride KrispiesJune 1, 2022
Have you been wondering what to take to the June Pride celebration potluck? We’ve got you covered! These Pride Krispy treats are gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan and delicious.
- 4 ½ cups Fruity Pebbles cereal (always gluten-free and clearly labeled)
- 10 oz bag full-sized Dandies vegan marshmallows
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Grease an 8×8 or 7×11 baking pan with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the marshmallows into quarters with scissors.
- Combine the marshmallows in a pan with the coconut oil and heat on the stove on medium heat, stirring continuously. I found it easier to use a large pan to give the marshmallows more heated surface area and also to have enough room for the cereal when you add it. Note that the marshmallows will not melt to a liquid state, but will instead get soft, sticky and pliable.
- Once the marshmallows are soft, add the cereal a cup at a time. Expose a sticky surface of marshmallow, stick the cereal onto it, fold the cereal in and repeat. You may want to use your hands for the mixing process once most of the cereal is in the pan, but warning! It will be hot! If you have heat resistant silicone cooking gloves, this would be a great time to use them!
- Once the cereal is mixed in, transfer the mixture to your baking pan and push it into place, all the way to the edges.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight and then cut into squares.
TAGS: DAIRY-FREE, DESSERT, HOLIDAY, VEGAN
Garlic Shrimp and Sausage SkilletMay 19, 2022
Recipe courtesy of Jones Dairy Farm and Rena from Healthy Fitness Meals
Start the summer season right with this shrimp and sausage skillet featuring summer squash!
This recipe is made with all-natural, certified gluten-free Jones Dairy Farm Turkey Sausage Links.
- 1 package (7 oz) Jones Dairy Farm Turkey Sausage Links, chopped
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (plus more to garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place shrimp in small bowl and mix in one tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add shrimp to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add one tablespoon of oil, turkey sausage, and onions. Toss together for about two minutes.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for three minutes until zucchini is tender and cooked through.
- Add cooked shrimp back in. Toss for another two minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!
TAGS: DAIRY-FREE, DINNER, LUNCH, RECIPES OF THE WEEK
Coconut CakeApril 4, 2022
This recipe was provided courtesy of Taleen Benson, author of the cookbook Just as Tasty: Gluten-Free and Eggless Baking Through the Seasons and blogger at Just As Tasty.
Ingredients for the Cake
Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups (296g) gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (171g) plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, room temperature
- ⅔ cup (35g) unsweetened shredded coconut
Ingredients for the Glaze and Topping
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (53g) unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted*
*To toast the shredded coconut, spread an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9.5” bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Add the dry ingredients in thirds, alternating with the buttermilk. Start and end with the dry mixture and beat briefly after each addition to combine. Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 48–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before inverting onto a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before topping with the glaze.
- To make the glaze: Mix the powdered sugar and heavy cream until the glaze reaches drizzling consistency, then drizzle over the cake and top with shredded coconut.
TAGS: DESSERT, HOLIDAY
Grandma’s Noodle KugelMarch 29, 2022
Kugel, a sweet, egg noodle casserole, is a common sight at any Jewish party. Try making this for your next holiday event, Jewish or not.
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- ½ pound gluten-free lokshen (egg noodles)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 small carton cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Separate 3 eggs and beat yolks, reserving egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until stiff.
- Melt butter or margarine in baking pan.
- Combine noodles with egg whites, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon and raisins in baking pan.
- Stir in milk and fold in egg yolks.
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Can be served warm or cold.
TAGS: DESSERT, DINNER, HOLIDAY
Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan PieMarch 10, 2022
No Southern holiday would be complete without a pecan pie! For an extra touch, serve this pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Frozen gluten-free pie crust
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves or pieces
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup, molasses, maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss together the pecans, chocolate and flour in a medium bowl.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add vanilla, salt and your choice of syrup, and beat until blended; the mixture may look curdled—this is normal.
- Stir in most of the the pecan mixture. Set aside a few to top the pie.
- Transfer the filling to the pie shell, then arrange some pecans on the top.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with just a bit of melted chocolate. The pie should be set around the edges, but still jiggly at the center.
- Cool the pie completely in the pan on a wire rack and then enjoy! The pie will keep for two days at room temperature.
TAGS: DESSERT, HOLIDAY
Chicken & Dumpling SoupDecember 6, 2021
Recipe courtesy of our sponsor Schär
There’s nothing quite as fragrant as the aroma of homemade chicken and dumpling soup wafting through your home—and this satisfying soup tastes just as good as it smells!
- 3 packages Schär Gluten-Free Rosemary Table Crackers
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp water (dough)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water (soup)
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 3/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, finely diced
- 3/4 cup parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- Put the crackers in a food processor or blender and pulse into fine crumbs*. This makes about 1 cup of crumbs.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and butter in a medium bowl. Stir in the cracker crumbs, green onions, cheese, nutmeg and pepper until a stiff mixture forms.
- Cover dough and chill for 30 minutes. The mixture will thicken as it chills.
- Pour chicken broth and water into a stock pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower heat to simmer.
- Add chicken breast to the broth and simmer chicken for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
- Add celery, carrots and parsnips to the broth in the pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Meanwhile, cut the cooled chicken breast into small strips about 1 ½ inches long.
- Add the chicken back to the broth. Adjust heat to low and bring to a gentle boil.
- Form dumpling dough into balls (you can use a teaspoon, mini ice cream scooper, or hands to do this) and then drop the dumplings into the boiling soup.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover the pot, and cook dumplings for 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
*If you don’t have a food processor you can make the crumbs by placing the crackers in a large zipper-style plastic bag, sealing the bag and using a rolling pin to crush the crackers into fine crumbs.
TAGS: SOUPS/STEWS, RECIPES OF THE WEEK
Thanksgiving Crackerfest: Three Festive RecipesNovember 22, 2021
To show how thankful we are for Crunchmaster, we’re sharing three recipes incorporating their delicious gluten-free crackers that we think can be new Thanksgiving classics.
Blue Cheese, Olive and Cracker Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 container button mushrooms (16 oz)
- ½ cup crushed Crunchmaster Multi-grain Sea Salt Crackers
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped in a food processor
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems to make a pocket for filling.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray/olive oil spray and bake mushrooms stem side down for 10 minutes.
- While mushrooms are baking, mix together crushed crackers, chopped green onions, chopped kalamata olives, blue cheese crumbles and mayonnaise.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven, spray or brush again with oil and flip over.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the cracker mixture.
- Bake for another 15–20 minutes.
- Remove, let cool slightly and serve!
Maple-Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts Starters
- 16 oz bag Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp yellow mustard
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper to taste (adjust the salt, based on your cracker variety)
- Package of Crunchmaster Rosemary & Olive Oil multiseed Crunchmaster crackers
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts in a bowl in the olive oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the sprouts in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the sprouts are baking, combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl that you tossed the sprouts and oil in.
- When the timer goes off, remove the sprouts from the oven.
- Slide them into the bowl with the syrup mixture. Toss well, then return the sprouts to the baking pan, reusing the same parchment paper.
- Bake for an additional 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and top crackers with sprouts shortly before serving.
Cranberry and Rosemary Cracker Bites
- 12 oz bag raw cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Holiday spice mix (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, etc.)
- Feta cheese
- Crunchmaster Rosemary & Olive Oil crackers
- In a medium pot, mix water and sugar and boil over medium heat. Stir frequently to ensure sugar dissolves.
- Pour cranberries into boiling sugar-water mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spice mix and stir.
- Boil for another 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and allow cranberry sauce to cool.
- Spoon cranberry sauce onto cracker, top with cheese and enjoy!
Note: Try substitutions like strawberry preserve, marmalade, or other fruit jams. Substitute Brie or Camembert for feta.PERMALINK
Cranberry-Glazed Sausage, Apple & Sweet Potato MeatballsNovember 15, 2021
Recipe courtesy of Jones Dairy Farm
The best meatball appetizers deliver the right blend of sweet and savory, and these tasty treats fit the bill.
This recipe is made with a certified gluten-free Jones Dairy All Natural Sausage Roll.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (12 oz) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup sweet potato, shredded
- 1 cup apple, shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form about 25 cocktail-sized meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare sauce: in medium saucepan over high heat, combine cranberry juice cocktail and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency that will coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour sauce over cooked meatballs and stir, coating meatballs completely with the sauce.
- Serve with toothpicks.
TAGS: APPETIZERS/SNACKS, DINNER, HOLIDAY, THANKSGIVING, RECIPES OF THE WEEK
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip MuffinsNovember 2, 2021
This recipe earned an honorable mention in the 2021 Beyond Celiac Gluten-Free Holiday Recipe Contest!
Recipe by Katie Blauser
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins by Katie
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (coconut or olive)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Josie’s Best Muffins & More Gluten-Free Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line a muffin tin.
- Mix the wet ingredients together well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until there’s no lumps. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 22–24 minutes.
TAGS: BREAKFAST, DESSERT, FOR KIDS, HOLIDAY, THANKSGIVING
Cheesy Potato Stacks
This recipe earned an honorable mention in the 2021 Beyond Celiac Gluten-Free Holiday Recipe Contest!
Recipe by Leslie Benson/My Gluten Free Cucina
Gluten-Free Cheesy Potato Stacks by Leslie (My Gluten Free Cucina)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 4 small red potatoes, skin on
- Cooking spray
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese (I used Red Apple Smoked Gruyere)
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Grate the cheese and slice the potatoes very thin, using a mandoline or sharp knife. Leave some of the skins on the red potatoes for more color and texture.
- Heat the butter, milk and seasoned salt, whisking together well.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Begin layering the potatoes in the muffin cups, alternating red potato and sweet potato slices until the cups are half full. Use the smaller slices on the bottom for the best fit.
- Drizzle one tsp. of the butter mixture over each stack and top with half of the grated cheese.
- Continue layering the potatoes, mounding them to just a little higher than the top of the muffin cups (they will cook down).
- Once the cups are full, finish off the remaining butter and cheese by drizzling it over the top of the stacks. Sprinkle more seasoning over the top as well.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, until the edges are nicely browned and the cheese has melted.
- To serve, use a spoon to carefully remove each stack and invert onto a serving platter. Garnish with fresh thyme.
TAGS: HOLIDAY, SIDE DISHES, THANKSGIVING
Showing 1-10 of 925
1 2 … 92 93 >