About Beyond Celiac
Since 2003, Beyond Celiac has been the leading patient advocacy and research-driven celiac disease organization working to drive diagnosis, advance research and accelerate the discovery of new treatments and a cure.
By engaging with the top scientists in the field, awarding research grants, and supporting the community, Beyond Celiac envisions a world in which people with celiac disease can live healthy lives and eat without fear – a world Beyond Celiac.
A world in which people with celiac disease can live healthy lives, free from social stigma and fear of gluten exposure – A world Beyond Celiac.
Beyond Celiac unites with patients and partners to drive diagnosis, advance research and accelerate the discovery of new treatments and a cure.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Vision
Beyond Celiac believes in a world where we all can live healthy lives free from bias and barriers. Across our work, we must engage diverse perspectives and promote equity in our community to realize our vision of a world beyond celiac.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Mission
Beyond Celiac fosters a sense of belonging by elevating underrepresented voices as we work together for a cure. We seek to be a community that welcomes diverse perspectives and provides meaningful opportunities to empower marginalized populations.
Potential Impact for Autoimmune Diseases
Finding treatment options and ultimately curing celiac disease will advance research for other autoimmune diseases.1
Our Science Plan
We firmly believe that with a strategic approach to targeted research, an effective treatment or cure is possible by 2030. To accomplish that goal, we are laser-focused on addressing the many current barriers. Read our science plan.
The Future of Celiac Disease
- Celiac disease is widely recognized as a serious, common, genetic autoimmune disease
- People with celiac disease symptoms, and family members who are genetically at risk, are highly motivated to seek testing and diagnosis from medical professionals
- Medical professionals readily identify symptoms and provide timely and comprehensive diagnosis so that people no longer have to suffer from known and unknown symptoms and hidden consequences of celiac disease
- Medical care treatments are readily available that ensure there are no negative health or lifestyle consequences of being diagnosed with celiac disease
- Insurers, including governments, recognize the benefit of medically treating and, eventually, curing celiac disease and provide coverage to make effective medical treatment affordable for everyone
- Access to appropriate medical care and the standard of care that people diagnosed with celiac disease receive is consistent regardless of geography, social or economic boundaries
- People with celiac disease are receptive to taking new treatments and living a “normal” life, free from the fear of food
- Curing celiac disease provides a gateway to curing other autoimmune diseases
- Beyond Celiac is the recognized conduit for education, exchange of information and partnerships between key stakeholders: patients, scientists and researchers, medical providers, pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotech companies, and payers
1Fasano A & Shea-Donohue T. Mechanisms of Disease: the role of intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal autoimmune diseases. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2, 416-422 (September 2005) | doi:10.1038/ncpgasthep0259
Support Beyond Celiac by Making a Donation Today
Our important work today forges the pathways to a cure for celiac disease. Support our work by making a tax-deductible donation today. Donate here.