About Beyond Celiac
For more than 15 years, Beyond Celiac has been the leading patient advocacy and research-driven celiac disease organization working to drive diagnosis, advance research and accelerate the discovery of new treatments and a cure.
By engaging with the top scientists in the field, awarding research grants, and supporting the community, Beyond Celiac envisions a world in which people with celiac disease can live healthy lives and eat without fear – a world Beyond Celiac.
A world in which people with celiac disease can live healthy lives, free from social stigma and fear of gluten exposure – A world Beyond Celiac.
Beyond Celiac unites with patients and partners to drive diagnosis, advance research and accelerate the discovery of new treatments and a cure.
Potential Impact for Autoimmune Diseases
Finding treatment options and ultimately curing celiac disease will advance research for other autoimmune diseases.1
The Future of Celiac Disease
- Celiac disease is widely recognized as a serious, common, genetic autoimmune disease
- People with celiac disease symptoms, and family members who are genetically at risk, are highly motivated to seek testing and diagnosis from medical professionals
- Medical professionals readily identify symptoms and provide timely and comprehensive diagnosis so that people no longer have to suffer with known and unknown symptoms and hidden consequences of celiac disease
- Medical care treatments are readily available that ensure there are no negative health or lifestyle consequences of being diagnosed with celiac disease
- Insurers, including governments, recognize the benefit of medically treating and, eventually, curing celiac disease and provide coverage to make effective medical treatment affordable for everyone
- Access to appropriate medical care and the standard of care that people diagnosed with celiac disease receive is consistent regardless of geography, social or economic boundaries
- People with celiac disease are receptive to taking new treatments and living a “normal” life, free from the fear of food
- Curing celiac disease provides a gateway to curing other autoimmune diseases
- Beyond Celiac is the recognized conduit for education, exchange of information and partnerships between key stakeholders: patients, scientists and researchers, medical providers, pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotech companies, and payers
1Fasano A & Shea-Donohue T. Mechanisms of Disease: the role of intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal autoimmune diseases. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2, 416-422 (September 2005) | doi:10.1038/ncpgasthep0259
Support Beyond Celiac by Making a Donation Today
Our important work today forges the pathways to a cure for celiac disease. Support our work by making a tax deductible donation today. Donate here.