Delightful for frosty afternoons and evenings, this aromatic soup is full of flavor. The diced EverRoast Chicken, cubed winter squash and chopped vegetables blend wonderfully for a complex, distinctive taste.
Gluten-Free EverRoast Chicken & Winter Squash Soup
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 4 fresh thymes, chopped
- 4 cups winter squash, seeded and cubed
- 4 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 3 cups EverRoast Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsle stem, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté until soft. About 10 minutes.
- Once garlic and onion are softened, add the cubed squash and chicken broth to the pan. Bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until squash is very soft.
- Remove the saucepan from the cooktop, do not turn off stove.
- With a potato masher, mash the squash into the soup until pureed.
- Add the chicken and chopped parsley and stir to combine.
- Return the saucepan back to the stove and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.