Courtesy of Allergic Living & Chef Simon Clarke
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch of watercress, washed and trimmed
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh or frozen peas
- 6 cups (1.5 liters) gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint
- 1 tsp. each, salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add watercress and peas, cook a further 4 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to food processor, add mint, blend until smooth. Return soup to pot and heat gently. Add salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls. Serve immediately.