Courtesy of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery and Becky Fixel
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 ½ cups gluten-free chicken broth + ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth, separated
- 1 loaf Rudi’s Gluten-Free Original Bread, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 pieces thinly sliced pieces of ham
- 2 tbsp. white wine Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots (optional). Sauté for 5 minutes. Add 3 ½ cups chicken broth.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil, and add the Rudi’s bread cubes. Mix well until the broth is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the four chicken breasts in a glass 13 x 9 casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer one slice of ham over each chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ½ cup of chicken broth and white wine mustard well. Spread ¼ of mixture over each slice of ham.
- Pour the stuffing mixture over top of the chicken and ham. Spread evenly over the whole casserole dish.
- Place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Place the Swiss cheese slices over the top of the stuffing approximately where each chicken breast is. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
For more gluten-free recipes: Rudi’s Gluten-Free Recipe Box