By Edgar Steele,
NFCA Chef Spokesman
- 1 lb. plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb. yellow peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 lb. chopped cucumber, with skin
- 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients excluding the olive oil and salt into a blender. Blend on high speed, until there are no chunks left and the liquid is smooth.
- With the blender running on high speed, slowly drizzle in the oil to create an emulsion. Add salt to taste.
- Depending on the machine you use, the soup may need to be passed through a fine mesh strainer before serving.
- Garnish the soup with anything you like. Yogurt may be nice, as well as some fresh diced peaches and tomatoes and fresh herbs.