- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 2 packages (4 oz.) Thai Kitchen® Stir Fry Red Rice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 small Thai chili, minced
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup julienne-cut carrots
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion
- ½ cup fresh Thai basil
- Mix sugar, lime juice and fish sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Remove from heat. Add red rice noodles, stirring to separate noodles in water. Let stand 5 to 7 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Drain well. Place in serving bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add garlic and chili; stir fry 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add chicken, carrots and green onion; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in fish sauce mixture; stir fry 1 minute. Add basil; stir fry 30 seconds or until basil is wilted. Add to noodles in bowl; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Thai Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 261 Calories, Fat 9g, Protein 16g, Carbohydrates 29g, Cholesterol 37mg, Sodium 379mg, Fiber 1g