- ¼ cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup gluten-free panko
- cup chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 1lb. eggplants cut lengthwise into 1″ pieces (Should yield 7-8 pieces)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high
- In a medium skillet, heat ¼ cup oil, garlic and sun-dried tomato over medium-low heat, about 8-10 minutes, until oil is infused with flavor. Lower heat, if needed to avoid browning the garlic.
- In the meantime, drizzle olive oil over the eggplant and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill about 3-4 minutes on each side until nice char marks appear and surface is beginning to soften. Arrange grilled eggplant on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add panko and basil to pan with olive oil, garlic and sun-dried tomato and raise heat to medium. Toss for about 3-5 minutes until panko is toasted and golden-brown. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat broiler.
- Spoon marinara sauce over each piece of eggplant, sprinkle generously with toasted, seasoned panko. Top with mozzarella slices and additional panko.
- Broil eggplant for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.