Makes 6 servings
Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Durkee Crushed Red Pepper
Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken
- 1-1/2 lbs. fresh chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup gluten-free corn starch
- 1 tsp. Durkee Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Durkee Ground Black Pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Oil for frying
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in saucepan; heat through. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Mix corn starch, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in corn starch mixture; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut. Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Add chicken to the hot oil in batches. Fry until cooked through. Drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.