The perfect gluten-free breakfast for fall!
Makes 1 dozen gluten-free muffins
For the muffins
For the glaze
- 1/4 C. packed brown sugar
- 2 T. dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 T. dairy-free milk
- 1 C. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- To make the muffins, preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray lightly with oil.
- Combine the Muffin Mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the water and oil. Whisk until well-combined.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared baking pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Press a third of a Chewy Bar into the middle of each filled cup.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer each one to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the muffins are cool, make the glaze. Combine the brown sugar, buttery spread, and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and let bubble for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the confectioners’ sugar, whisking vigorously to combine. Stir in the vanilla extract. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Dip each muffin into the glaze, putting them back onto the wire rack to let the glaze firm, about 5 minutes.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days and any other leftovers in the freezer.