Courtesy of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery and Heidi of GF Indie
1. Toast 2 slices of bread and set aside.
2. Place pine nuts on a small cookie sheet, and toast in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees, or until lightly golden brown. Remove and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Toss in mushrooms, coat, and sauté until soft (5-7 minutes). Add balsamic vinegar and mix to coat, then toss in spices.
4. Add spinach a handful at a time (your pan will be crowded, but it will cook down quickly). Keep adding until all spinach is mixed in and cooked down. Remove from heat.
5. Spread marinara evenly on bread.. Top with freshly grated parmesan.
6. Spoon spinach and mushroom mixture on top, then sprinkle pine nuts over the sandwich.
*Don’t forget to Spread the Bread! Download a $1 off coupon from Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery and Rudi’s will donate $1 to the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness for celiac disease education.*