Makes 2 quarts, 6 servings.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1½ hours
- 1½ cups Plain Chobani® Greek Yogurt
- 1 Butternut squash (about 2 ½ lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1bay leaf
- 1 qt. vegetable stock or water
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F convection.
- Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds with a spoon. Season both squash halves with 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil and ½ tsp. salt. Wrap in foil and place in baking tray or dish.
- Roast squash halves for 1 hour or until fork tender. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle. Remove skin from the squash and set aside.
- Place remaining 2 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil, onion, carrots, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, and 1 tsp. of salt in a pot on medium heat. Cook, stirring regularly, until onions are translucent and carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 qt. of vegetable stock and roasted squash, and cook on a low simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on. Remove bay leaf from soup.
- Place soup mixture into a blender with remaining 1 tsp. of salt, nutmeg, black pepper and ½ cup Chobani® Greek Yogurt.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 1minute. Portion into 6 bowls, divide 1 cup of yogurt into dollops on top of each soup and serve immediately.