From Tina Turbin, NFCA newsletter columnist
3 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
¾ cup superfine sugar
¼ tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Beat 3 egg whites with 1/4 tsp cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
3. Add ¾ cup superfine sugar and ¼ tsp vanilla until stiff peaks form.
4. Dollop onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until dry.
5. Let cool. Add some cocoa powder, powdered espresso, or other flavoring with the vanilla, if you desire.