- 4 cups lamb shoulder, diced
- 12 crimini (brown button) mushrooms
- 12 red pearl onions, peeled
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce or wheat-free Tamari (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 6-8 large metal skewers
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add lamb, mushrooms and onions to marinade. Coat well and set aside for one hour.
- Pre-heat barbecue, grill or broiler to medium-high.
- Thread lamb, mushrooms and onions onto skewers in an alternating pattern.
- Cook kebabs, turning frequently until done, approximately 6-8 minutes. Serve with saffron rice.