From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
1. Melt olive oil or butter in 2 quart non-stick pan. Add onions and garlic, and cook over gentle heat until onions are soft and almost transparent.
2. Add peppers, stir well, cover and leave to cook until they are also tender.
3. Stir in mushrooms, tomato ketchup and salt and pepper and cook over higher heat until mushrooms are softening and releasing their juice.
4. Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice, and simmer over gentle heat for about 5 minutes. 5. While sauce is simmering, season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat a small non-stick skillet and sear scallops on one side for about 2 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and turn the scallops to continue cooking, then turn shrimp.
Tips and Alternatives: This sauce is incredibly versatile, so cook whatever protein you would like – seafood, chicken, pork, etc. You can also leave out the meat for a vegetarian version.