Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 can garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 red pepper, large (or 2 small)
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 lemon (or 3 Tbsp. lemon juice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch of paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 450ºF. Then, place your red pepper (whole) on a tin foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, before flipping sides. Roast for another 15 minutes. At this point, there should be black spots all over the red pepper. If there isn’t, roast longer.
- Once the red pepper has blackened, transfer into a sandwich bag and seal. Let sit for about 15 minutes. This will create steam and make it easier to remove the skin. Peel the red bell pepper. Remove any seeds from the insides and slice into large chunks.
- In a small food processor, place roasted red peppers and the rest of your ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve with Crunchmaster Popped Edamame Chips and raw vegetables.