From Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
I used this on a salad with fresh Brie, caramelized almonds, fresh raspberries and peaches (nectarines, mangoes.) Drizzle on grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon.
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 55 g) raspberries fresh or frozen – measure frozen before thawing
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) raspberry balsamic vinegar + 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) white Balsamic vinegar or 3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar.
- 3 Tbsp. (45ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp. (5ml) gf Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) raspberry jam or jelly
- 1 roasted garlic clove or pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: I find balsamic vinegar has a more mellow flavor.
- I put everything in scrupulously clean jam jar and mash the raspberries. Or use an immersion blender.
- You can also add 1-3 tsp. poppy seeds
- You can also add sour cream or plain yogurt to make a creamy dressing. Start at 1 Tbsp. and taste.
- Add some green of green onion, fresh parsley. (A friend used dried onions, but I didn’t like them.)
Remember that all ingredients will differ in flavor according to brands, and your taste can differ to mine, so taste.
Remember when you refrigerate the dressing, the olive oil will solidify like melted, chilled butter. Let it come to room temperature before serving.