A tasty twist on the traditional pot pie.
Courtesy of Allergic Living Magazine and Chef Simon Clarke
Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) each: carrots, parsnips, leeks and potatoes, diced to ½-inch
- 1 cup (250 mL) pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) button mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) tapioca flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups (950 mL) vegetable stock [Look for allergen-free, g-f brands]
- 6 medium-sized Yukon potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- Pre-heat oven to 375º F.
- In a large pot, heat half the olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, parsnips, leeks, potatoes and onions. Sauté for 4-6 minutes, then add mushrooms, peas and herbs.
- Continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stir in flour, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and add stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15-18 minutes. Place filling in a 9×12 baking dish or equivalent.
- Top the dish with layered potato slices, brush with reserved olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are golden.