One Skillet Chicken Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
Recipe courtesy of Jones Dairy Farm
Enjoy an easy-to-make, one-skillet meal that includes many wholesome, better-for-you ingredients like all-natural chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, apple cider vinegar and more.
This recipe is made with Jones Golden Brown® Chicken Links.
Gluten-Free One Skillet Chicken Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 (5 oz packages) Jones Dairy Farm Golden Brown Sausage Links, sliced into coins
- 2 sweet potatoes, raw, shredded or finely diced in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 ˚F and heat oil in a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté for approximately 3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, peppers, and mushrooms, and sauté an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken sausage and cook another 2-3 minutes, to warm through.
- Add shredded or diced sweet potatoes and sauté, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, until softened. If necessary, you can add another drizzle of olive oil to the pan to keep veggies from sticking.
- Stir in half the parsley, both cheeses, and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Make 6 shallow “nests” spaced evenly around the skillet (I did 5 around the outside and 1 in the middle), and crack an egg into each spot.
- Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes, or until the eggs are “set” to your preference.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and parsley for garnish.
- Serve hot from the oven.