Courtesy of Silvana Nardone
Prep Time: 25 Min
Start to Finish: 50 Min
1. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
2. Move oven rack to the lower third of the oven. Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 12 regular-size muffin cups.
3. In a medium bowl, mix crushed cereal, 1 cup of the cheese and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter. Divide
mixture among muffin cups; press firmly in bottom and up sides of cups with spoon.
4. In 3-quart saucepan, stir together remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and flour blend with whisk; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Gradually stir in warmed milk with whisk; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted. Stir in cooked macaroni, egg yolk and salt. Fold in beaten egg white. Spoon about ¼ cup of the macaroni mixture into each crust-lined cup. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
5. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Note: Look for gluten free on packaging. Wheat Chex and Multi-Bran Chex are not gluten-free.