From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
1. In a large non-stick pan, add ground meat of your choice, onion and garlic. Fry over medium heat until meat is browning.
2. Stir in beans, corn, salsa. Fill empty salsa jar with water and add to pan, twice. Add cumin and chipotle. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Mix cottage cheese or ricotta cheese with Mexican blend cheese, milk, green onions and cilantro.
4. Place the round containers/pie plates etc. on the counter and spray or lightly oil inside so tortillas don’t stick.
5. Place one tortilla in bottom of dish. Top with 1 cup of meat mix. Repeat until you have 3-4 layers.
6. Mix the additional Mexican cheese with sour cream and/or crushed tortilla chips and spread on top of final tortilla.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and everything is bubbling. Cheese often melts out from side of tortillas.
8. Remove from oven, let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tips & Alternatives:
Some other ideas I saw online: Add a layer of Spanish rice. Serve topped with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, green onion and taco sauce.
I would also stack these soft tortillas with chicken in sauce, Italian-style meat sauce or roasted vegetables. You can also make crepes and stack them in a tower with fillings, rather than rolling them individually. Then every portion can receive same amount of filling when it is cut in pie/cake-style wedges.