Courtesy of Allergic Living and Alisa Fleming
Makes 4 servings
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (also called black, Italian or Tuscan kale)
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 orange, sectioned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut away the tough stalks from the kale and discard. Slice the leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the salt to the kale. Massage the ingredients together for 4-5 minutes, working the leaves between your fingers. The kale will wilt and soften slightly.
- Using a blender or a whisk, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, joney and ginger, if using. Pour dessing over the kale, and add pomegranate arils and orange sections. Toss to evenly distribute the dressing and season to taste with pepper.