Gluten-Free Sweet Potato and Kale Pizza
« Return to the Venice Bakery Recipe Box
August 16, 2016
- 1 12” Venice Bakery Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Bring pot of water to a boil and add the chopped sweet potato. Boil for 20 minutes or until you can easily press a fork through. Remove from heat and drain the water.
- Mash the sweet potato and add milk, salt and pepper until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Heat skillet with olive oil and add the sliced onions, chopped kale and water. Cover and let steam for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread sweet potato mixture on pizza with kale, onions and cheese.
- Bake pizza 9-11 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza and let cool for 1 minute.
- Drive the balsamic vinegar over pizza.
- Cut, serve and enjoy.
<< Back to Recipes