Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free baking flour or your favorite blend
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup canola oil or butter (chewy or crisp)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 egg
- Up to 5 tablespoons of brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature milk chocolate chips
- Half of a 10 ½ ounce bag Lays Classic Potato Chips, processed till finely minced but not mealy
- Process potato chips and weigh until you have 5 ounces (about half the bag). Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking powder, flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the brown sugar and coconut and mix until combined.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the oil (or butter), vanilla extract, agave, egg and 5 tablespoons coffee. Add the wet to the dry, stirring until smooth. If the dough is too stiff, add more coffee as needed to soften. It is a pretty thick cookie dough. Stir in potato chips and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a sheet pan lined with parchment and bake on the bottom rack for 15-17 minutes. Remove and cool for 5 minutes and move cookies to a cooling rack. Repeat until all dough is used.
View more gluten-free recipes and enter to win a gluten-free giveaway from Frito-Lay