Courtesy of Three Bakers and Angela Litzinger
Curried Carrot Soup
Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb.carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 3 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Minced fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat your oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, and curry powder. Cook until the onion is translucent and soft. Stir often to prevent scorching.
- Add the vegetable broth and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover. Simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Use a blender to puree the soup in batches until smooth. While blending, don’t fill the blender more than halfway. The hot mixture will expand. Remove the center cap of the blender lid and cover with a towel to release steam without releasing splatters. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree soup. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour soup into bowls. Garnish with minced fresh cilantro and serve with Club Sandwich Skewers.
Gluten Free Club Sandwich Skewers
- 4 slices Three Bakers gluten-free Rye Style Bread, toasted
- 4 slices American cheese or dairy-free cheese alternative
- 4 slices gluten-free turkey deli meat
- 4 slices gluten-free ham deli meat
- 4 to 8 bamboo skewers, depending on length of skewers
- 8 to 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 leaves green lettuce
- Pickles, optional
- Olives, optional
- Cut toast in half lengthwise; cut each half into 3 even squares. Cut cheese, turkey and ham into similar-size squares.
- On skewers, thread bread, cheese, turkey, ham, lettuce, tomato, pickles and olives. Serve with Simple Curried Carrot Soup.