The best meatball appetizers deliver the right blend of sweet and savory, and these tasty treats fit the bill.
This recipe is made with a certified gluten-free Jones Dairy All Natural Sausage Roll.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (12 oz) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup sweet potato, shredded
- 1 cup apple, shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form about 25 cocktail-sized meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare sauce: in medium saucepan over high heat, combine cranberry juice cocktail and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency that will coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour sauce over cooked meatballs and stir, coating meatballs completely with the sauce.
- Serve with toothpicks.