Cinnamon Roll Apple Crisp
« Return to the Enjoy Life Recipe Box
July 14, 2015
Courtesy of Enjoy Life
Makes 2 servings
- 1 large baking apple (such as pink lady)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. cane sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. tapioca starch
Cinnamon Roll Crumble Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp. brown rice, teff or buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. quinoa flakes
- 1 Enjoy Life Foods Cinnamon Bun Decadent Bar, broken into 4-5 pieces
- 2 Tbsp. butter flavored Spectrum shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut the apple into 1” pieces and place in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, ground cinnamon, cane sugar, vanilla powder and tapioca starch to the bowl and toss to coat the apples. Pour this into a small baking dish (4×4) or oven safe cereal-sized bowl.
- Place the brown rice flour, cane sugar, quinoa flakes and decadent bar pieces in the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until you have coarse crumbs. Add the 2 Tbsp. shortening and pulse to combine until your mixture looks like wet sand. Pour evenly over the apples.
- Cover the bowl or baking dish with foil and place on a sheet tray. Put tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-12 minutes until topping is lightly browned.
<< Back to Recipes