From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
Makes about 32 medium-sized gluten-free cookies.
- 1 stick of soft butter (4 oz.)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. of Oonagh’s Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 2 tsp. gluten-free cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. almond meal
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet gluten-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract and egg until even creamier and fluffier.
- Beat in flour, cornstarch, almond meal, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt until nicely blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a tablespoon sized scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Wet fingers and lightly flatten cookies..
- Cook them for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, enjoy a gooey warm one and then let them cool on a rack.