Chickpea & Vegetable Curry with Garlic & Cumin Seed Naan
« Return to the Schär Gluten-Free Recipe Box
May 12, 2017
Courtesy of Schar
Makes 4 servings
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. curry paste or curry powder
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tomato
- 1 x 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 x 14 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium 3 to 4 quart saucepan on medium heat.
- Chop onions and cilantro, slice mushrooms and cut into wedges tomatoes.
- Add in the onions, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds. Stir frequently for 4 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add in the mushrooms, peas and a pinch of salt, stir and cook 4 more minutes.
- Add in the curry paste or powder, garam masala, turmeric and tomato wedges. Stir well to coat all the vegetables.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes uncovered but stirring often.
- Add in the tomato sauce and drained chickpeas to the pan, stir well and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring often.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pizza crust on a sheet pan, brush generously with softened butter, ghee or coconut oil. Sprinkle the minced garlic or using a brush brush on the garlic paste. Scatter the cumin seeds all over the top and bake at 410 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes or until brown and golden.
- Slice the pizza naan into 4 quarters.
- After the 30 minutes, turn off the heat and add in the fat yogurt and cilantro to the curry, stir well to incorporate the yogurt fully.
- Serve the curry in bowls with the naan slices along side it for dunking.
<< Back to Recipes