Courtesy of Crunchmaster and Carol Kicinski
Makes about 30 meatballs
- 1 cup Crunchmaster Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1” piece fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 2 small garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 4 scallions (green onions), finely minced
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with gluten-free, non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Grind the Crunchmaster crackers in a blender or food processor to fine crumbs. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Shape into small balls using about 1 Tbsp. of mixture per ball. Place on the prepared baking sheets and spray the meatballs lightly with gluten-free, non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are browned and feel firm to the touch. Remove the meatballs to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any extra fat.
- Serve with Thai Peanut Sauce (recipe below).
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 small garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- One 1” piece of fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Thai Peanut Sauce Directions:
- Combine all the ingredients in small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Microwave for a few seconds and stir until smooth.
- Serve with the chicken meatballs.