Cauliflower and Parmesan Soup
By Edgar Steele,
NFCA Chef Spokesman
- 1 Head Cauliflower Leaves Trimmed and Discarded
- 1 Small Onion, Sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups Water, and More as Needed
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Small Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a saucepot. Add the onion, garlic and bay leaves and cook until golden in color.
- Cut the cauliflower head into uniform sized pieces and add it to the pot. Cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add the water, cream and parmesan to the pot, and bring to a simmer. Remove the pot from the heat, and blend the soup until it is completely smooth and lump free in a blender. Adjust the seasoning of the soup with salt, and the consistency with water.
- Place some of the soup in a bowl, and top it with some thin slices of parmesan cheese and the basil leaves.