From Jessica of Easily and Happily Gluten-Free
1. Use a food processor to make the cereal into a fine crumb. If you would like to make this with your children, place the cereal in a Ziploc bag and allow them to crush the cereal up with a rolling pin.
2. Mix all seasoning into the rice crumbs.
3. Cut chicken tender into 1 inch pieces .
4. Coat the chicken pieces in the beaten egg.
5. Press the chicken pieces into the rice crumb mixture. Be sure all sides of the chicken are coated.
6. Spray a baking tray with oil (or gluten-free non-stick cooking spray) and spread chicken pieces in a single layer.
7. Spray the tops of the nuggets.
8. Bake on 500 degrees for 12-15 mins. Flip nuggets half way through cooking time.
9. Allow nuggets to get a golden crust on the outside (spraying them with cooking spray or oil will allow them to turn golden.
Notes:If you want to make this recipe egg-free, replace the egg with a tablespoon of olive oil. Simply pour the oil into the crumb mixture and mix until the crumbs look like wet sand. Then press the chicken pieces into the crumb mixture.
For an easy dipping sauce, mix 1 part mustard to 2 parts honey.
Find more gluten-free, kid-friendly recipes on Kids Central.