Courtesy of Allergic Living and Chef Simon Clarke
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. butter alternative
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. gluten-free Tamari sauce (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and trim asparagus.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt butter or alternative. Add ginger, garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add Tamari sauce and pepper and keep warm on very low heat.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 cups (1 L) water to a boil. Cook asparagus until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain well, transfer to platter, drizzle with ginger mixture. Serve.