Courtesy of ShopRite
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Makes about 1 ½ lbs. of toffee
- 2 cups ShopRite Granulated Sugar
- 8 oz. ShopRite Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. ShopRite Salt
- 1 tsp .ShopRite Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup ShopRite Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup ShopRite Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Lightly grease an 18”x13” sheet pan.
- Melt the butter, sugar, and salt over medium heat in a heavy sauce pan. Gently stir the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, increase heat to medium high and cook without stirring until the mixture becomes light golden brown. Using a candy thermometer, cook the mixture to 285ºF.
- Pour the toffee onto the sheet pan and allow to cool 3-4 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips onto the warm toffee, spreading the melted chocolate evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top of the chocolate.
- Once the toffee has completely cooled, break into serving size pieces.
Photo Credit: Daisy’s World. While some of Daisy’s recipes are not gluten-free, many are wonderfully tasty and naturally gluten-free.