Courtesy of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Amie Valpone of The Healthy Apple
- 2 cups black beans, cooked and mashed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Rudi’s Gluten-Free Hamburger buns
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh arugula
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine black beans, scallions, brown rice, avocado, raspberries, sea salt and pepper; mix well. Using hands, form into 4 patties.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties; cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until golden brown.
3. Serve with Rudi’s Gluten-Free Hamburger buns, baby spinach, arugula and red bell peppers. Top with a dollop of Greek plain yogurt and Dijon mustard.
* Rudi's Unbelievably Gluten-Free Recipe Contest ends May 20. Check out the competition, then submit your recipe for the chance to fly to Boulder, CO, and star in your own Alternative Appetites cooking video! Visit the contest page »