« Return to the Enjoy Life Recipe Box
August 11, 2016
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 .8 oz. bags of Plentils (Enjoy Life Foods Sea Salt or Enjoy Life Foods Margherita Pizza flavors preferred)
- ½ small yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- ¾ lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- Your favorite allergy-friendly taco seasoning mix
- Assorted toppings: your favorite allergy-friendly cheese shreds, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado, cilantro
- Gently crush the Plentils in the bags, open the top and set aside.
- Place the yellow onion, carrot and zucchini in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Preheat a medium non-stick skillet. Add a light swirl of olive oil and add the chopped vegetables. Sauté until softened and all the water has been cooked off. Add the ground beef and continue to sauté with the vegetables until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning mix (adding any water the package instructions direct you to) and simmer over low for about 5-10 minutes.
- Now the fun part—assemble! Everyone gets a bag of the crushed Plentils, then divide the meat mixture between each bag and top with desired toppings. Grab a fork and dig in!
<< Back to Recipes