Salad with Fruit and Poppy Seed Dressing
From Chef Oonagh Williams of Gluten-Free Cooking with Oonagh
Serve with chicken, salmon, steak.
- 1 Tbsp sugar or honey or maple syrup- less if you have really sweet fruit
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- About 1 inch of white of green onion
- 1/8 tsp gf Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp paprika – I use Penzey’s smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar or 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar from Trader Joe’s
- 1/3 c mild olive oil or sunflower oil or avocado oil
- 2 Large sweet strawberries, or same of fresh sweet mango, raspberries.
- Salt and pepper to taste remembering Worcestershire has salt and parmesan cheese fricos contain salt
- Blend all the ingredients together – I use an immersion blender. Taste and adjust flavors to your taste for sugar, vinegar, amount of oil. Add some yogurt or sour cream if you like creamier dressings.
- Pour over mixed greens salad with fresh blueberries and same fruit as you used in dressing.
- Top with some parmesan crisps – fricos.