Whole Grain Gluten-Free Croutons
Makes 3 cups
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups cubed Three Bakers 7 Ancient Grain Whole Grain Bread
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together olive oil and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Toss bread cubes until cubes are evenly coated with oil.
- Spread seasoned bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Stir bread cubes every 5 minutes while baking. Croutons are done when golden and toasted. Allow croutons to cool before adding to salad.
Kale Salad with Apple, Pear and Homemade Gluten Free Croutons
Makes 4 servings
- 1 head curly kale
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 Opal apple, cored and cut into sticks
- 2 Anjous pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. pepitas
- 1 cup prepared Whole Gain Gluten-Free Croutons (above)
- Remove the kale leaves from their stems. Thinly slice leaves. Place in a large bowl with apple sticks. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss until coated with dressing.
- Divide kale mixture on four plates. Top salads with pear slices, cranberries, pepitas and croutons.