Deep Fried Bananas
« Return to the Thai Kitchen Recipe Box
July 11, 2016
Courtesy of Thai Kitchen
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 4 tsp. rice flour
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 4 firm bananas
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Mix tapioca flour, rice flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Add water and coconut. Mix until well blended.
- Peel bananas. Slice each banana lengthwise, then cut into 3” to 4” pieces.
- Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than a third full. Heat to 350°F on medium heat.
- Dip banana slices in the batter. Fry bananas, several pieces at a time, until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle additional grated coconut over bananas before serving.
<< Back to Recipes