Makes 10-12 mini fritters
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup crushed Perky’s Crunchy Flax Original or Perky’s Crunchy Rice Original Cereal
- ¼ cup sorghum or rice flour
- 1 tsp. chia or flax meal
- ½ tsp. curry
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. fine salt
- ½ can chickpeas, rinsed and roughly chopped
- ¼ onion, finely diced (about ½ cup minced)
- ½ cup packed and pressed dry frozen spinach
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Whisk dry ingredients (tapioca, baking powder, cereal, flour, chia/flax, curry, turmeric, cumin, salt) together in a medium bowl. Add ½ cup water and whisk until the mixture is moist, not runny.
- Add the wet ingredients (chickpeas, onion, spinach, cilantro) to the mixture and mix together with a fork until blended.
- Heat a large nonstick pan and add a splash of olive oil. Take a large spoonful of the mixture and form it into a thin patty, place in the pan. Continue with the remaining mixture and cook a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve with salsa, mango chutney or your favorite sauce.