Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Red Chili Sauce
« Return to the Thai Kitchen Recipe Box
July 11, 2016
Courtesy of Thai Kitchen
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup (250 mL) gluten-free tempura batter mix
- 1 can (400 mL) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) curry powder
- 4 cups (1 L) flaked coconut, divided
- 1½ lbs. (750 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen® Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- Pour oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than a third full. Heat on medium heat to 375°F.
- Stir batter mix, coconut milk, sugar and curry powder in medium bowl until mixed. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Place half of the coconut on large plate. Dip shrimp, a few at a time, into batter. Shake off excess. Roll in coconut.
- Carefully add shrimp, several pieces at a time, to hot oil.
- Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp and batter. Add remaining coconut as needed.
- Serve shrimp with chili sauce.
<< Back to Recipes