Coconut Creme Brulee
« Return to the Thai Kitchen Recipe Box
July 11, 2016
Courtesy of Thai Kitchen
- 1½ cups Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- ½ cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tsp. divided brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring coconut milk and milk to simmer in medium saucepan.
- Mix egg yolks, granulated sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually whisk in about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture. (If you add all at once, it will be so hot that it could scramble the eggs.) Gradually whisk this mixture into remaining milk mixture in saucepan. Cook until it forms a custard that is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour custard into four (6-8 oz.) ovenproof custard cups or ramekins. Place in baking pan. Carefully pour boiling water into baking pan so it comes halfway up sides of custard cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until custards are almost set in center. Remove custard cups from water bath. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. of the brown sugar evenly over each custard. Place on baking sheet. Broil 2 to 5 minutes or just until sugar has just caramelized. Watch closely as the topping can easily burn.
<< Back to Recipes