This recipe was provided courtesy of Taleen Benson, author of the cookbook Just as Tasty: Gluten-Free and Eggless Baking Through the Seasons and blogger at Just As Tasty.
Ingredients for the Cake
Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups (296g) gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (171g) plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, room temperature
- ⅔ cup (35g) unsweetened shredded coconut
Ingredients for the Glaze and Topping
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (53g) unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted*
*To toast the shredded coconut, spread an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9.5” bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Add the dry ingredients in thirds, alternating with the buttermilk. Start and end with the dry mixture and beat briefly after each addition to combine. Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 48–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before inverting onto a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before topping with the glaze.
- To make the glaze: Mix the powdered sugar and heavy cream until the glaze reaches drizzling consistency, then drizzle over the cake and top with shredded coconut.