Warm up this winter with this delicious, hearty stew.
Courtesy of Allergic Living and Chef Simon Clarke
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 each of red, orange and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can white beans, rinsed (or chickpeas, if preferred)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, diced
- 4 cups gluten-free, allergen-free chicken stock
- Zest of 1 orange
- In a large bowl, combine chicken pieces with smoked paprika and half the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add remaining olive oil. Place chicken into pan, skin side down. Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown. Remove to plate and set aside.
- To the pan, add onion, peppers, beans and oregano. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock, bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for at least 15-18 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.