Recipe courtesy Beyond Celiac Ambassador Annika Dhariwal, who runs the blog Gluten-Free Jio
This recipe is for a flavorful Indian chickpea snack. Find more recipes from Annika on her website.
- 2 cups boiled Kala Chana (black chickpeas)
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- 1 tomato, deseeded
- ¼ cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw mango, Chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, Chopped
- 3 tbsp onion, Chopped
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Jal Jeera Masala (spice blend, make sure it’s gluten-free or mix the spices yourself)
- ½ tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp Chaat Masala (spice blend, make sure it’s gluten-free or mix the spices yourself)
- Spritz of emon juice
- Add all the ingredients except lemon juice into a bowl and toss them nicely.
- Just before serving, add lemon juice and your chaat is ready to serve.