- 4 slices Boar’s Head Bold Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 Mandarin oranges, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup gluten-free wonton strips or similar crunchy alternative
- Slice Boar’s Head Teriyaki Style Chicken into strips and place to the side. In a large salad bowl, combine carrot, cabbage, lettuce, red bell pepper, oranges, basil, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Toss lightly to mix all ingredients and top salad with the sliced chicken.
- Drizzle top of salad with dressing of choice, or Mandarin Orange Dressing, directions listed below.
- Garnish with gluten-free wonton strips and serve.
Mandarin Orange Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, ginger, rice vinegar, honey and olive oil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper (to taste) and serve.