Baked Tomato and Pineapple Fish
« Return to the Thai Kitchen Recipe Box
July 12, 2016
Courtesy of Thai Kitchen
- 1 whole rock cod (1 lb. / 454 g) or any medium-size fish or fish fillet
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) butter
- 1 whole banana leaf or sheet of aluminum foil (12×10” / 30x25cm)
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Chinese cabbage or green cabbage
- 1½ Tbsp. (22 mL) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) dry white wine
- ½ cup (125 mL) tomato sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) pineapple pieces, fresh or canned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 small bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) course ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Clean and scale fish. Lightly butter banana leaf. Spread cabbage evenly on the leaf. Place fish in the center of the leaf over the cabbage. Drizzle with fish sauce and wine. Spread tomato sauce evenly over top. Cover fish with pineapple, onion, tomato and bell peppers. Sprinkle with sugar and pepper.
- Wrap fish tightly in the banana leaf, tying if necessary. Place on baking pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
<< Back to Recipes