Apple Walnut Streusel Dessert Pizza
Recipe courtesy of our sponsor Schär
This gluten-free Apple Walnut Streusel Dessert Pizza offers all the sweet goodness of coffee cake in a unique easy-to-serve treat!
|walnuts, coarsely chopped
|cream cheese, softened
|apples, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the bread crumbs, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of melted butter and stir well. Set this streusel topping aside.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of cold butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the apple slices, white sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir frequently for five minutes or until the apples are tender and the mixture is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and let cool for three to five minutes.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over pizza crust.
- Arrange apple slices on the cream cheese, overlapping them shingle style, in a circular pattern.
- Drizzling any remaining juice from the pan over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the reserved streusel topping mixture evenly over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is slightly golden brown.
- While the pizza is baking, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Remove pizza from oven. Cool for five minutes.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle glaze over the pizza.