This delectable gluten-free cake uses almond flour for a wonderful flavor.
From Chef Oonagh Williams of Gluten-Free Cooking with Oonagh
Another variation of my master almond cake that was a 4 page cover wrap for Food and Wine magazine. Substitute different nut flour.
The geraniums are Martha Washington, and so were quite suitable for a July 4th party.
White Chocolate Almond Raspberry Cake
White Chocolate Topping
I like the flavor of Lindt white chocolate but I’m still uncertain about safety. I have made this with Kraft Baker’s white chocolate that do say they will tell us if there are ingredients containing gluten. Why can’t it just be labeled gluten-free!!
1.Melt butter with chocolate chips in microwave. Add rest of cake ingredients and beat together until smooth and then beat for 1-2 minutes, until fluffier.
2. Bottom line 9+1/2 ” spring form, spray bottom and sides with gluten-free food spray, dust with cocoa
3. Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven
4. Remove from oven, top with seedless raspberry jam, let soften for a few minutes then spread out evenly
5. Once cool, arrange most of raspberries on top, saving a few for decoration.
6. Heat 1/4 c cream in microwave for about 40 seconds, break up white chocolate, add to cream, wait a minute, then stir until smooth.
7. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
8. Beat in melted white chocolate cream mix.
9. Gently beat in whipped cream and spoon on top of cooled raspberry topped cake. At this stage the frosting is almost runny, you can let it flow down sides, it will set in fridge. Large raspberries will show through the frosting.
10. Put 2 tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam in microwaveable bowl. Gently heat until runny but not boiling hot. Spoon jam into snack size ziploc, snip off tiny corner and pipe parallel lines across cake, the more lines you make, the fancier the design.
11. Then take small skewer and draw tip of skewer through raspberry lines all in one direction or alternating. Garnish with a few leftover raspberries.
Keeps well in the fridge, but serve at room temperature.
Note, I did try making this with strawberry jam, fresh strawberries and semi sweet chocolate in topping rather than white chocolate but I have a weakness for raspberries and white chocolate.